University project- concrete cutting

Reaction score
Hi there, I am a student at University and am currently working through my final year project. This involves cutting a small trench on a concrete driveway in which a Polyurethane cable will sit in. The trench needs to be 1 inch wide and 5mm deep. Im not too sure what is the best way to cut this. Methods I have considered are:
Using a grinder with a diamond blade, though i'm not sure that it would be easy to cut a straight line of constant depth with this.
Use a circular saw with a diamond blade, on top of sawkart, which makes it portable and easier to cut a straight line.

I know that I have to used a diamond blade when it comes to concrete, but are there diamond blades thick enough to cut 1 inch wide? I have found this blade that would be perfect, but is this able to be used on a circular saw even though it is meant for a grinder? Sorry I cant post photos or links to the grinder wheel or sawkart, I dont have enough posts!

Any information you can give me to help would be greatly appreciated.
Andy

Reaction score
Hello

the best to use is a stihl saw with a diamond blade on these can be attached a cart as you have said and the depth can also be seton these as well.

You will have to do two cuts side by side to get your inch width

why are you only going 5mm deep are you concreting back over the top?

Ask a Question