Need Advice on Pipe Blocking Proper Installation of Washing Machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, first post. I'm a basic DIY'er and will turn my hand to most things that I think I learn and implement myself, but aware of my limitations!!

I have a question that I'd appreciate some advice with.

I live in a new build property, with many snags and flaws (standard) due a clearly rushed job throughout and I'm always finding new challenges to expand my DIY skills, however that's quite the opposite of why I bought a new build, but nonetheless....

Latest issue is with the integrated washing machine slot under the counter in my utility room. The washing machine has always seemed off kilter and I think ultimately caused my first one to need to be replaced. So I've pulled it out and had a good look and it seems to be because one of the back legs is 'suspended' in the air and isn't planted on the ground. This is because there is a hole where a pipe goes down into the floor and this means there's nowhere for the leg of the washing machine to go. I thought then the best solution would be to just fill that part of the floor with some concrete so there was a level floor for all for legs to hold the washing machine, but on closer inspection it doesn't seem that straightforward. The pipe has a rubber casing around it within the hole, so it doesn't seem like this would either support the concrete or I should even consider doing that in case there is a future plumbing issue.

So I'm not sure what to do here. There's a gaping hole where one of my rear washing machine legs needs to be supported, so something needs to hold it there?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

Reaction score
Country
India
Hello, first post. I'm a basic DIY'er and will turn my hand to most things that I think I learn and implement myself, but aware of my limitations!!

I have a question that I'd appreciate some advice with.

I live in a new build property, with many snags and flaws (standard) due a clearly rushed job throughout and I'm always finding new challenges to expand my DIY skills, however that's quite the opposite of why I bought a new build, but nonetheless....

Latest issue is with the integrated washing machine slot under the counter in my utility room. The washing machine has always seemed off kilter and I think ultimately caused my first one to need to be replaced. So I've pulled it out and had a good look and it seems to be because one of the back legs is 'suspended' in the air and isn't planted on the ground. This is because there is a hole where a pipe goes down into the floor and this means there's nowhere for the leg of the washing machine to go. I thought then the best solution would be to just fill that part of the floor with some concrete so there was a level floor for all for legs to hold the washing machine, but on closer inspection it doesn't seem that straightforward. The pipe has a rubber casing around it within the hole, so it doesn't seem like this would either support the concrete or I should even consider doing that in case there is a future plumbing issue.

So I'm not sure what to do here. There's a gaping hole where one of my rear washing machine legs needs to be supported, so something needs to hold it there?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Find wooden flooring piece cut as plastic pipe shown and put it loosely. and set your washing machine.

Ask a Question