Manhole Cover - Reduction

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have a manhole in my garden that requires reducing, the cover is in the middle of my lawn and is unsightly as well as being highly corroded is incredibly dangerous.

The manhole is used to service a septic tank as I live in the countryside with no mains sewage. I have attached some photos which show is it not built up by brick but solid concrete.
My aim is to reduce the manhole and use a recessed manhole cover from a company called ecogrid which you can then fill with soil and seed. The manhole cover I purchased is 100mm in depth so the plan was to set a concrete saw to 100mm, cut the shape of the manhole. Use a breaker to break out any further concrete and install.

Is this the correct methodology and is there a specific concrete saw / floor saw I should be using?

PS, this isnt my first rodeo, this girl can DIY and has renovated 2 houses previously! Just my first outing with a manhole. My brother is kindly helping with any heavy lifting!

Thanks,

Jade
Length 1.jpg

Attachments

Ask a Question