low voltage lighting

Reaction score
Can I convert a conventional light fixture to a low voltage fixture? If I substitute low voltage bulbs can this then be wired using low voltage wiring with a transformer?

Reaction score
Is this for a house, apartment or what? I know I am going to be moving into an apartment and I know the less I spend on utilities the better. I figure that I can light the house and cut down on the electricity by covering up all the light switches in the apartment and using LED powered stick on wall lights powered by rechargeable batteries. Some have built in lithium Ion batteries, therefor you are paying for the charge and not the electricity if you leave them on. LED diode bulbs also last a lot longer than any normal light and take up a lot less power to boot saving you on money and hassle. There are plenty of different styles to choose from too.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am using these fixtures to light up an entryway arbor to my backyard. They would be mounted on the two support columns.

Reaction score
Yeah the battery powered lights are perfect for that or for outside you can go for the Solar panel lights if the locations are in a place where the sun hits them a lot. If not the battery powered ones may be a little work when it comes to switching the batteries but you will see the difference in your bills. Nowadays everyone is trying to save as much money as possible. That is the whole point of the DIY revolution.

Ask a Question