Interior Acrylic Paint Suggestions for Latex allergic families

Reaction score
My family has latex allergy, and paints cause us major respiratory issues. We have to leave our home to air for two weeks after painting and often still have some ill effects. As a result we have been searching out acrylic based paints that hold up so we can actually paint ourselves, and not have adverse reactions. Our home is 15 years old and could use some spiffing up with new paints. So far we have found the Devine Color line useful. I have tried painting some doors and trim with the white which is called Devine Lightning. So far it has held up well (about a month) and it required two coats to cover well. There were no nasty fumes or smell and we didn't have any allergy reaction. I'm wondering if anyone knows of other paint brands out there you'd recommend for latex allergic families who want to do some DIY painting in the home?

Ask a Question