How to fix a small plastic piece in a Sencor food processor

Reaction score
Country
Georgia
I have this set of a mixer/food processor/blender stick from Sencor, the model is sencor shb 5608bk-eue3
I was stupid enough to try blending frozen fruit in the food processor, which was too hard for it, which is why the plastic piece that connects the motor handle with the food processor broke down.
Here are the photos: https://telegra.ph/The-problem-with-my-Sencor-shb-5608bk-eue3-12-24

As said in the post with the photos, trying a simple glue to put back the plastic pieces together didn't hold up for long. What are some alternatives I can try out?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Two-part epoxy glues use a catalyst/hardener that chemically reacts when mixed, giving you only about 2-3 minutes of "work-ability".

Did you use a two-part epoxy glue similar to this?

Reaction score
Country
Georgia
Two-part epoxy glues use a catalyst/hardener that chemically reacts when mixed, giving you only about 2-3 minutes of "work-ability".

Did you use a two-part epoxy glue similar to this?
The one I used said in it's instructions that after applying the glue, I had to wait ~3-5 minutes and only then push the glued parts together.
Is that what you mean?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I suspect you used a contact cement. While this is a good glue, there is yet a better type. Use a "two-part epoxy". I tried to locate a hardware place (Mihouse, Tbilisi) to get you a local catalog #, but I can't read the language.

Anyways, the instructions should direct you to mix two parts together (usually one-to-one), then a chemical reaction occurs. You have about 2-3 minutes to work with it......after that, it becomes too thick as it starts to set. You shouldn't have any problem with this 2-3min time frame as you're only gluing one piece.

That's the only "glue" option I think might work.

Reaction score
Country
Georgia
I suspect you used a contact cement. While this is a good glue, there is yet a better type. Use a "two-part epoxy". I tried to locate a hardware place (Mihouse, Tbilisi) to get you a local catalog #, but I can't read the language.

Anyways, the instructions should direct you to mix two parts together (usually one-to-one), then a chemical reaction occurs. You have about 2-3 minutes to work with it......after that, it becomes too thick as it starts to set. You shouldn't have any problem with this 2-3min time frame as you're only gluing one piece.

That's the only "glue" option I think might work.
Hmm I'll see whether I will be able to get my hands on something like that, and post here whatever I end up with.
Thanks!

Ask a Question