Hi Folks I recently had a Vaillant How do I maintain/clean my Vaillant Ecotec 418b a

Reaction score
Hi Folks

I recently had a Vaillant Ecotec 418 boiler installed. It has a small tub attached to the pipework which contains magna clean, and the guy who fitted the boiler said it gets rid of the dirt. He also said I need to clean out the magna clean every now and again.

Is this a complicated thing to do? Has anybody done that before? Is it essential that it gets cleaned out now and again or can it just be left alone?

Thanks

Reaction score
Hi,
It's a simple job, I'm surprised you haven't been left with the instructions by your installer. You will find them on the Adey web site though.
How often you need to service it would depend to some extent on the system, but I would check it every year.

Reaction score
Thanks JohnKay

So is cleaning the magna clean called 'servicing the boiler'?

I heard someone say before that it gets clogged up quite quickly, so would cleaning out the magna clean once a year be sufficient?

Reaction score
No, the magna clean is an addition to the system. The boiler will still need to be serviced by your registered engineer.
It totally depends on the individual system as to how much is filtered from the water.

Ask a Question