Hey, new here, I'm just a 58 year old guy who likes to build everything.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I like to think outside the box and my wife still asks me what I want to be when I grow up. I love to re-purpose things, for instance I built a plastic barrel canoe and I am building a IBC tote shower. I also built my own home and did everything almost completely by myself. I also have a youtube channel, Little beaver Creek Homestead , not posting a link till I'm sure that is allowed but a search on youtube will find it. I am building a homestead from raw land and want to video the whole thing from spring development to building my home. I want to build a cob house and a log cabin and tons of other things to go along with a self sufficient homestead

I hope to make friends, learn and hopefully help other here on this forum.
Have a great day and God bless.
William E.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums William! I think you'll find a lot of like-minded folk here :D.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Welcome from me too William; it's good on here. :D

I'm 71 and never want to grow up; I still love playing with my toys although my toys have got bigger over the years. :)

You'll know the personal satisfaction having done so much work yourself; top credit to you and now you can share your stories on here.

I've just been nosy as seen above. o_O

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

Welcome from me too William; it's good on here. :D

I'm 71 and never want to grow up; I still love playing with my toys although my toys have got bigger over the years. :)

You'll know the personal satisfaction having done so much work yourself; top credit to you and now you can share your stories on here.

I've just been nosy as seen above. o_O

Kind regards, Colin.
Colin, Thank you very much and feel free to be nosy, lol , If I put it out there its for everyone to see and thank you for watching. I hope to make alot more videos. Did you check out my barrel canoe?
Welcome to the forums William! I think you'll find a lot of like-minded folk here :D.
Thank you Ian, Glad to be here

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

You're most welcome William. No I've not checked your barrel canoe (yet) but given our usual Yorkshire rainfall it sounds interesting; most strange though last year I planted lots of flowers and shrubs and we suffered a very rare drought with an extended summer and even now we've had little rain for a while; I'm usually complaining quite loudly about our dire climate; perhaps global warming has finally reached us and it's many years overdue.

Your site William looks like a wonderful place to play in with lots of scope and space. :)

Kind regards, Colin.

Ask a Question