Help with a Worcester Bosch Greenstar Boiler - Is this normal?

Reaction score
Could someone could help me remotely diagnose a Worcester Bosch Greenstar RI. I am helping an elderly relative via telephone, so it is quite hard for me to work out if there is actually a problem with the boiler or not. It is a recent installation and there was originally a wiring fault, which makes me suspect there are remaining problems.

Basically, the boiler is behaving not as I would expect. When the timer switches off, sometimes the green light and the blue light on the boiler go off, while at other times one light goes off and the other stays on, while at other times they both stay on. In this last case, my relative has to switch the system off at the timer and then both lights go out.

As I understand it, the blue light (the electrical mains light) should always remain on, and the green light (the boiler active light) should go on and off with the timer. This is not why we are seeing. Thanks in advance.

Ask a Question