Fire Box Liner

Reaction score
I have a fairly old WeilMclane boiler with a Beckett burner that supplies my heat and hot water via an indirect Boilermate. I use about a tank of oil per year as I heat most of the winter with a coal stove. So the boiler is pretty much for the inbetween heating seasons and for the Boilermate domestic hotwater. Here's my question. The inner firebox insulation has long since given up the ghost and I am wondering if its worth the effort to replace. I am pretty sure there is a fair amount of heat that is no longer captured in the boiler with the insulation gone as my basement workshop gets a touch of heat from the boiler when the burner is running. Never did that much warming when the boiler had the insulation intact. the liner kit is about $100 and looks fairly simple to install, just need to cure the paste I guess. Anybody have any experience with doing this? Worth the effort? Thanks

Ask a Question