Delonghi PAC N 100EL PORTABLE AC

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I’ve have this unit for about 3 yrs decided to bring it home from our cottage had to lay it on its side for about 2 hrs brought it home stored in garage for about 2 weeks sitting upright tried to use it and it keeps shutting off , took it apart cleaned everything and the compressor still keeps kicking off after a few minutes.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Compressor is probably "slugging" on liquid refrigerant. Small units don't have accumulators. I understand you waited 2 weeks before attempting to start it, and that's good. I would keep attempting a start, and if it keeps tripping, a unit of that $$$ value may not be worth fixing.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I appreciate the reply , I’ve been trying it every time I go out to the garage and doesn’t get any better still runs for a few minutes then shuts off .

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was also looking on the parts list for this model and they do show a accumulater.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Ok, well if it has an accumulator, it's not likely liquid refrigerant returning to the compressor. I am told you evap and cond coils are clean. After this, you'd have to start checking pressures, and I don't suspect you have gauges. This is where a tech would be needed.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok, well if it has an accumulator, it's not likely liquid refrigerant returning to the compressor. I am told you evap and cond coils are clean. After this, you'd have to start checking pressures, and I don't suspect you have gauges. This is where a tech would be needed.
Thanks for reply , I ran it the last two nights and it ran perfect for over an hour so who knows LOL

Ask a Question