Couple of problems with recently tiled/grouted bathroom floor

Reaction score
My first ever tiling attempt wasn't a complete disaster, but I do have a few issues, hopefully these can be remedied.

After having finished the grouting I've noticed that the adhesive used to fix the tiles (grey in color) is still showing through the grout in quite a few places which considering the tiles are white looks very obvious & ugly.
Quite a few of the tiles (matt off-white ceramic) also have slightly darker patches, kinda like water marks.. all were fine before I laid them, I'm guessing this is a result of patches of grout having dried on the surface of the tiles (all have been thoroughly cleaned, but the marks remain)
I also have an irregular/rough gap of approx 1in around the base of the toilet pedestal (filled with grout, but still looking a little ugly) as I was using tile nippers to cut around here & don't have much proficiency.
Pedestal mats don't fit (at least not close enough to cover the gap) is there anything I can do or buy in order to cover the gap..?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks for listening.

Reaction score
Hi.

Let's start with a few questions.

I assume this a floor you've tiled, if so, what is the floor construction ?
Are the tiles intended for floor use ?
Exactly what adhesive and grout have you used ?
What preparation, if any did you do to the surface first ?

I would have thought that if the darker patches were grout, it would be obvious, so let's have a bit more info on what has happened.

It's not easy to cut round some shapes, but there are ways. The simplest being a tile saw, a grit edged blade in a jigsaw is another way. some tiles are harder than others though.

Ask a Question