Chimney Pot - is this the source of my leak?

Reaction score
I have a Chimney breast with 3 pots on the top. All 3 of these have caps on the top to allow ventilation as the fireplaces are not in use. The middle chimney pot the outer shell has worn away to the expose the inner shell. Could this be the cause of water getting in? eg, its now porous?

I have had a roofer up there who has checked the flashing and pointing all around the pots, so either this has not been done correctly or the leak is from the pot itself.

The water has shown up in the upstairs hallway on the wall of the chimney stack.

Let me know your suggestions.

Matt

Reaction score
They have caps?! what about Santa?... :D
Now, if they really have caps this means there's something more serious because maybe there's a more serious "hidden" roof problem. You should call a roofer again but a different one because like you said maybe he has not done it correctly. And all this is in case it's not from the middle chimney pot that you say is worn away to the expose the inner shell

Ask a Question