Alternative suggestions to composite cladding on SIPs garden office, where walls won't be seen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
I'm planning a garden room/office which will be situated towards the corner of the outdoor space. It's a SIPs build with HouseWrap and battens as you'd expect. The front and right side elevations will be visible and clad with composite interlocked cladding, but the left and back won't be visible at all. It seems pointless to be spaffing an extra £600 on the same nice composite cladding as the front/right walls when they will never be seen. But of course I need to protect them - what would you suggest please? Bitumen painted OSB? Some form of vinyl sheeting like is sometime used in bathrooms (or would that degrade outside too quickly)...? You get the gist.

Thanks so much for your help and suggestions.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Use OSB and be prepared to cry; it's horrible stuff I wouldn't even use OSB inside our bungalow. Trying to save money on outside work is usually not a good idea especially here in the UK given our dire climate. Good luck with whatever you decide. :)

Kind regards, Colin.

Ask a Question