Wah-wah pedal whining like a banshee

Reaction score
Hi all last night I removed some fuses from the fuse box to wallpaper behind some sockets.

since I have replaced the fuses the wah wah pedal to my electric guitar whines a single tone until I turn it off.

It's an old fuse box, has only 4 fuses - two with red dots on and two with white dots on - one of the red dotted fuses is for the sockets of the living area of the house whilst the other is for the kitchen sockets.

I removed both fuses but didn't put them back in their original housings, when the wah wah whined I changed the fuses back over which stopped the pedal whining, until now. But I've just sat down to pplay he gutar again and the same whining is happening.

This is really really really frustrating as I've waited a long time to get a wah wah pedal and also worrying because of any potential danger. Any advice out there for me please?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Good Morning "bizron"

Have you tried some other electrical item in the socket you are using your instument on?
Also, have you tried using your instrument in a different socket in your home and if possible in a friends home.

It is possible that the problem is not related to your wiring in the house, but it is that the instrument has developed a fault

Reaction score
Saint is spot on - try different sockets, and see what other kit you have turned on as well. Is it only the pedal - what if you go straight from guitar to amp?

Might be worth investing in a cheap wiring tester from an electrical gizmo seller!

Ask a Question