tinting of brick joints

Reaction score
Hi there. I am brickie, have got a bit confusing job. Elevation has been built using blue bricks/black mortar. Pointed latter to enshure the same color of joints. I havent seen it yet but allegedly its gone off in three different shades of gray (due to weather I presume). Client is not happy (which is a bit unreasonable because in few months time everything would blend in) and insists on evening out color of joints. I can not think of anything else than darken everything with black dye but afraid it will simply look dirty and after heavy rainfall probably wash away in streaks.
Has anybody done something like that? Any better ideas?

Reaction score
I think the customer is being to picky, I have just a face brick extension and also wanted to minimise this from happening on mine, but it still happens, I even bought coloured sand and batched mixed.

As you say in time this will weather in.

Send the customer to a new housing site and have a close look at all the houses, then they will see.

Reaction score
it must be the weather, just tell him/her that its not your fault

Ask a Question