Shorted a circuit, breaker didn't trip but no power anymore

Reaction score
I have a weird situation here. I was working on a switch that turns power off and on to my jacuzzi. I didn't secure the switch to the box when I turned the breaker back on for testing and so when I flicked the switch it moved and one of the terminal screws on the side of the switch made contact with the electrical box. It arced and I lost power. When I went to the breaker panel the breaker wasn't tripped. I'm almost certain that breaker is a dedicated line to the jacuzzi. I can't find any GFCI outlet or anything inbetween the breaker panel and this switch.

I replaced the switch and tried throwing the breaker off and on, but I still have no power. Any ideas? My next step is to open the breaker panel and see if there's something wrong with the breaker.

Irv

Reaction score
Breakers can burn out. Either test it or replace with a known good one. But the real problem here is using a jacuzzi without a GFI breaker. How can that possibly be legal or safe? Perhaps it has one built-in somewhere?

Ask a Question