Recommended concrete sealer ?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello All,

I'm looking at waterproofing/sealing the concrete sidewalks around my house with a good quality product that actually seals by creating a coating that prevents water from being absorbed by the concrete. The majority of my concrete is in the shade and stays damp so this prevents it from evaporating more quicker.

Bunnings do sell a few options to use but just want to find out some further information on what people have used and what type of chemical they used that has worked for sealing/waterproofing concrete.

I was thinking of using a heavy-duty sealer/waterproofer such as the use of bitumen paint or epoxy but how does this hold up with some of the UV rays?

Would a sealer do the job of waterproofing exterior concrete, I'm not sure what chemical they are made out of.

Hopefully, someone can kindly advise me on the best option for me to use.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello All,

I'm looking at waterproofing/sealing the concrete sidewalks around my house with a good quality product that actually seals by creating a coating that prevents water from being absorbed by the concrete. The majority of my concrete is in the shade and stays damp so this prevents it from evaporating more quicker.

Bunnings do sell a few options to use but just want to find out some further information on what people have used and what type of chemical they used that has worked for sealing/waterproofing concrete.

I was thinking of using a heavy-duty sealer/waterproofer such as the use of bitumen paint or epoxy but how does this hold up with some of the UV rays?

Would a sealer do the job of waterproofing exterior concrete, I'm not sure what chemical they are made out of.

Hopefully, someone can kindly advise me on the best option for me to use gold coast epoxy flooring.
thanks in advance for any help

Ask a Question