Planning Permission Query

Reaction score
Hello

I've got a planning application due for a decision in 3 weeks time.

I'm planning on having a garage loft conversion to add another bedroom. As you look from the front, my garage is on the left and my neighbours alley way is to the left of that, and their house 1.2 metres away from my garage wall.

My neighbour has lodged a complaint against my application stating that their landing window will lose light enough to make it dangerous, which is ridiculous, as the sun comes up opposite and directly lights up the entire alleyway and her landing window.

I'll have a front pitched dormer window that will obviously be seen from their window, but it won't make THAT much difference!

How much of a bearing would their comments have? They also stated that this would devalue their property and other irrelevant stuff...

Reaction score
Seems like you have 'one of those' neighbours. their objections will depend on the common sense of those that make the decision, and the exact situation of your intended build

Ask a Question