My Harbor Freight table saw, and huge flies...

Reaction score
Country
United States
So, I've noticed something rather interesting over the past couple of years. Whenever I use my inexpensive Chicago Electric Harbor Freight table saw, I am immediately accosted by dozens of huge flies. It's the strangest thing. Under normal circumstances, I don't see any flies, anywhere. I don't have a fly problem, and there are no flies in my house, or outside, or in the garage.

I typically use the saw outside in the driveway, and when I turn it on... very large flies... maybe a bit smaller than horse flies, but definitely bigger than what I'm used to seeing, they immediately swarm my table saw. Usually anywhere from 6-12. They immediately land on the saw, and occasionally on my hands while I'm cutting wood. The second I turn the saw off and it starts to slow down, the flies are gone as quickly as they arrived.

I tried searching the internet, and could only come up with one similar instance where someone on Yahoo posted the same question about 9 years ago:
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110808121621AAwqvr5

Anyway, I found it kind of fascinating. I'm wondering if there's something about the vibrations or frequency of the saw is somehow attracting flies?

Ask a Question