Leaky Roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have a 2 bedroom terrace property that I currently rent out. Since we’ve had bad rain, the tenants have complained about water leaking down the wall. I got someone out who repointed the front of the house ha changed a few roof tiles. It has got worse since. I went in the loft yesterday to see if I could see any daylight getting through (photo attached) there are holes in the roof at the front of the property. What is the best way to deal with this, without replacing the whole roof, as I am seeking it in June, when tenants move out.

thank you

Attachments

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My advice would be to bite the bullet and pay for a complete re-roof. I assume that was a typo and that you are selling the house in June, in which case I may be too late with my reply! A roof in such poor condition will affect the sale price disproportionately - it may cost 4 or 5K to replace the roof, but otherwise could drop the sale price by much more, if indeed the potential purchaser could secure a mortgage without strict conditions being stipulated. I really don't think it is worth trying to repair, this could cost almost as much as a new roof and still not fix the problem.
One thing to never even consider is having that awful spray foam applied - it only made my roof worse, and increased the cost of replacement due to the extra time and effort taken to remove it along with the old tiles.

Ask a Question