Latex Mattress

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Has anyone been using a latex mattress? We switched out our memory foam about six monthes ago. They’re ment to be healthier and offer more support. And be easier to care for. Memory foams are prone to water and liquid damage.

Are latex mattresses waterproof? I’ve read mixed information on this online. And we have had a couple of accidents already. But the rubber foam seems to repel any water that lands on the surface. If they’re waterproof we might ditch the mattress protector andjust use a regular bedsheet. Those mattress protectors are a real niusance. They keep bunching up and moving beneath the bed sheet.

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Well, seems to be mixed info out there on latex foam. The rubber itself is naturally waterproof. But the interior foam is not. The surface is not made of a foam structure. There seems to be a film of latex across it. And this is acting as a water barrier. As far as I can tell this menas the whole thing is water resistant. Then again, if this gets damaged there could be a problem. According to this (latex mattress and water) they’re definitely not waterproof. If that;s the case I don;t see much reason for ditching the memory foam in the first place!

Ask a Question