Is it okay to pour concrete over geotextile fabric?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am installing artificial turf in my backyard. I would like to divide it with a path filled with decorative rocks.

The whole area was excavated 4" deep and I covered it with geotextile fabric liner to keep weeds from growing. The area with grass is filled with base rocks and topped with a bit of sand. The path is completely filled with white rocks. I need an edge to divide the base rocks from the decorative rocks.

I was thinking of using 2" thick patio paver and pour cement under it. Is it okay to just pour it over the geotextile fabric?

I saw on YouTube people pouring dry sand cement and just resting the pavers on top. When everything is leveled and aligned, they just spray mist. Seem easy. No digging. This is not structural. Just for decorative purposes and to keep the 2 types of rocks from mixing up.

This drawing is how I would build up my edge/border. The lawn picture is an example of a rock path. Mine will be fake grass with a curved border. And a picture of the pavers I am using.

tan-brown-basalite-concrete-pavers-100002937-64_145.jpeg
20220205_130845.jpg
gravel-path-in-grass-cropped-min.jpeg

Ask a Question