Improving shower pressure in flat with communal heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have quite poor water pressure in my shower; it is useable but less than fully satisfying. I know a little about some of the fixes available, but I'm hoping for advice relevant to my specific situation.

I live in an ex council flat and the hot and cold water pressure is mediocre throughout. Hot water is supplied through a communal heating system via a heat exchanger in the flat. This system is ageing and due to be replaced at some point – either with a new communal system or individual boilers – but this is up to the council and outside my control.

My shower uses a fixed shower head attached to the wall. It is a rainfall-style head which may be partly to blame for the unimpressive flow. It is not electric. Somewhere in the building I believe there is a water tank (which I don't have access to), but I am not certain if the shower is supplied from this or directly from the mains.

Besides trying a different shower head, is there anything I can do in this situation to improve the shower pressure?

Thanks.

Ask a Question