Furnace and ac not blowing..

Discussion in 'Central Heating' started by Gorjes123, May 29, 2018.

1. Gorjes123

Gorjes123

Ok so some backinfo first:

Double wide Modular home we just purchased around feburary (michigan)

Furnace is a newer 80% efficiency coleman downdraft and central ac.

Blower motor is clean, no dust or buildup at all, new filter. Inside looks spotless, ac coil looks spotless on the top where i can see.

My problem is that it doesnt blow right.

Let me rephrase, it blows and blows hard at the furnace. I take the bottom pannel off where the coil is and can feel the massive amount of pressure.

At the vents...almost nothing. The closest vent gets a slight breeze but the rest... I struggle to feel any air movement.

Ive looked underneath and there appears to be no breaks at all, everything looks good.

Now as fsr as the furnace goes, when it heats it struggles to reach 65 degrees. As in it will run non stop all day just to reach it.

When it is heating i can take the bottom inner cover off and feel the direct air off the heat exchanger...and at best its luke warm.

Im at a loss any suggestions?

Gorjes123, May 29, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. Gorjes123

Gorjes123

*crickets chirping*

Gorjes123, Jun 1, 2018
    1. Advertisements

3. Gorjes123

WalterHanson

What To Do If Your A/C Isn’t Blowing Air

-Hold your hand up to the vents in each room to determine whether there is a complete lack of airflow or if airflow is restricted in only certain areas. Make sure the registers are completely open.
    -If there is a lack of airflow, make sure your air conditioner is on. If the unit is on but the fan is not running, lower the temperature setting until you hear the fan kick on. If the fan does not turn on, call a professional to fix your A/C fan.
    -If the fan does kick on, but airflow is still restricted, check your air filter. If it is dirty, replace it.
    -Check to see if your air conditioner evaporator coil is frozen. If it is, turn off the unit and allow the coil to deice. If the coil is not frozen, and you still have a lack of airflow, contact a professional.

The most common problems that cause a lack of airflow include frozen coils, broken fan and restricted airflow due to dirty air filters or vent obstruction. However, there are many other issues that can lead to minimal airflow, so it may be necessary to ask the professionals.

What To Do If Your Heat Pump, Heater or Furnace Isn’t Blowing Air

Unfortunately, we often find that our heaters don’t work in the middle of the night when we awake to a chill. This leads to many homeowners trying to diagnose outside units in the dark. As though that isn’t difficult enough, a heater that isn’t blowing air through the vents can be caused by several different factors, depending on the type of heater (electrical heater, heat pump or gas furnace) and the quality and cleanliness of the vents.

In order to prevent these annoyances in the night, is recommend having your air vents cleaned during the fall before you rely on your heater for daily use. Autumn months are also the perfect time to schedule your heater’s annual maintenance to ensure it’s working properly before the first cold front hits.

WalterHanson, Jun 1, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question