water from unknown source at HVAC ceiling vent

F

Frank Thompson

All water pipes in my two story house are under the first floor and in the first floor walls to the height needed to supply water to faucets in kitchen and bathrooms in the first floor. This morning when in bathroom (first floor) water dripped on my head; I looked up and the ceiling around the air duct for heat and A/C was soaking wet as was the metal vent itself. The inside component of the heat pump is on the second floor in crawl space. Thedrain pipe for condensation from it is between first and second floor. Problem does not exist in any other ceiling vent area. What could be going on?

Ad

Advertisements

T

Tony944

To fix you problem Please send me money order for $500 and I will be glad to
walk you through your problem
Other wise you most lesson to Storming.

All water pipes in my two story house are under the first floor and in the
first floor walls to the height needed to supply water to faucets in kitchen
and bathrooms in the first floor. This morning when in bathroom (first
floor) water dripped on my head; I looked up and the ceiling around the air
duct for heat and A/C was soaking wet as was the metal vent itself. The
inside component of the heat pump is on the second floor in crawl space.
The drain pipe for condensation from it is between first and second floor.
Problem does not exist in any other ceiling vent area. What could be going
on?

R

Real Pisser

Stormy, you've been assimilated into the Borg? You have become very
impolite, lol! The folks in SLC may not like to hear you talk this way.

I haven't read here for a long time

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Frank, didn't you like the answers you got in the repair forum? Nobody can
fix stupid you, or your stupid HVAC system from their monitor!

Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
All water pipes in my two story house are under the first floor and in the first floor walls to the height needed to supply water to faucets in kitchen and bathrooms in the first floor. This morning when in bathroom (first floor) water dripped on my head; I looked up and the ceiling around the air duct for heat and A/C was soaking wet as was the metal vent itself. The inside component of the heat pump is on the second floor in crawl space. Thedrain pipe for condensation from it is between first and second floor. Problem does not exist in any other ceiling vent area. What could be going on?
If the problem occurs again this summer. The register and or the ceiling can is not sealed and is pulling in unconditioned air. Seal them and the condensation should stop.

Ask a Question