Replacement for very old Hydrotherm Boiler

Discussion in 'Central Heating' started by Linda1, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Linda1

Linda1

This is my first post here so hi. I have a very old Hydrotherm Boiler (my son says it's a Hydrotherm) I need to replace it. Cause its got a cracked exchange. It was installed in 1954. I would like to get another hydrotherm if they are still any good. My son and a friend will install it so it would be nice if the pipes were in the same place.

I've been looking online and Westinghouse has a combi boiler/water heater (wall mounted) that looks nice, though my water heater is still good. But that unit is stainless steel, not cast iron. I would like to get a 120k btu unit.

Last summer i got estimates of between $6-10,000 to install a new boiler. I say B.S. to that. I live in a smaller town and they just gouge you so I spent the last winter (in the Rockies) with kerosine heat and don't want to do that again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I'll be happy to post pictures of the old unit if anyone wants to see it.

Linda1, Jul 26, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question