Painting house exterior


M

mreks

Hi,

Had a bit of a windfall so can afford to get my house in York painted
but the painter says he can't fit me in until beginning of October.

I'm no decorator but sounds a bit late to me. Should I wait until next year?
 
Ad

Advertisements

B

ben

mreks said:
Hi,

Had a bit of a windfall so can afford to get my house in York painted
but the painter says he can't fit me in until beginning of October.

I'm no decorator but sounds a bit late to me. Should I wait until
next year?
Tell him to stuff it and find one that can do the job, your paying the bill
remember.
 
P

PGH

ben said:
Tell him to stuff it and find one that can do the job, your paying the bill
remember.
Is there only one painter / decorator in York?
 
T

Timfy

PGH said:
Is there only one painter / decorator in York?
The painters with a good reputation are probably already fully booked up for
the summer. The crap ones however....

Ask around and check out the quality of peoples work. One of our local
decorators carries a dirty great photo album around with him to show
prospective customers his workmanship. It's unlikely you'll book him until
next year!!!

As long as you can avoid frost and rain for the duration of the job, the
time of year shouldn't have much bearing on a properly done job.
 
M

Mary Fisher

Timfy said:
As long as you can avoid frost and rain for the duration of the job, the
time of year shouldn't have much bearing on a properly done job.
You don't get much frost in York.

Rain, however ... :-(

Mary
 
Ad

Advertisements


Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top