Need patio blinds or something to help with rain

Reaction score
I am looking for some suggestions/ideas on what I might do to reduce the amount of rain that blows into my patio (see attached pic). It is pretty small in size – 10’ x 19’ – so anytime we have a storm with a fair amount of wind blowing to the south or west, half the patio gets drenched.

Years ago I used to have plastic roll-up blinds on each of the patio screen sections, originally used for privacy purposes, later for sun blockage and occasionally for rain. A while back I took them down when I had the patio frame/screens re-done and, because they were old and a couple of them had rotted cording, I threw them away. (Big mistake!)

Just recently, I decided I should try to replace them and have learned – through numerous days of internet searching – that what I had seems to be a dinosaur in terms of current products offered by blind/shade companies. (Second pic shows something similar, just for an example.)

It would seem from my research that one company who offers the type I am looking for must be discontinuing them; so, what is left of their inventory, via multiple selling sources, is not compatible with the sizes I need. I also read reviews that indicated these blinds, while made of PVC, are probably not the best thing to use during windy storms.

Does anyone have any idea where I might find something similar to what I used to have? I don’t want to install blinds that require side mounts because the patio is made of aluminum and I really don’t like the idea of drilling holes into the screen frames. Or, perhaps you could recommend other options?

Thanks!
20180722_155457.jpg
WT-YJ1-8B50_2_548x548[1].jpg

Ask a Question