Need help with Acca table.

G

GeoeMan1

I never noticed this before today

For my area which I do work, the tables say that between two towns 14 miles there is a
great deal of difference in the grains of moisture removal for AC.

Ohio

Grains Difference 50% for both Norwalk and Sandusky CO (City Office)

Norwalk = 35 grains difference 50% RH
Sandusky = 24 grains difference 50% RH

Is this spread big enough to be concerned about with larger homes up to 4000FTSq and 12
foot ceilings? I would think that it could cause a home of that size to be oversized if
I'm in between the two, but we wouldn't know if because these homes usually are two speed
or two separate units. But the cost of ducts and equipment could be a waist being
oversized.

The heat loss asks for the 'grains of moisture to use for 50% RH. So, should I use 30% to
shoot in the middle of the two or go with the higher one all the time to cover myself? We
are on Lake Erie, so the climate is different east and west, is different as you go
towards Buffalo, but now I discover that there is a bigger difference between North and
South in just 14 miles. Its amazing how I am in both area's and never noticed much of a
difference in the summer, only in the winter, but the data doesn't lie.

Thanks

Rich

Ad

Advertisements

Ad

Advertisements

T

TURTLE

GeoeMan1 said:
I never noticed this before today

For my area which I do work, the tables say that between two towns 14 miles there is a
great deal of difference in the grains of moisture removal for AC.

Ohio

Grains Difference 50% for both Norwalk and Sandusky CO (City Office)

Norwalk = 35 grains difference 50% RH
Sandusky = 24 grains difference 50% RH

Is this spread big enough to be concerned about with larger homes up to 4000FTSq and 12
foot ceilings? I would think that it could cause a home of that size to be oversized if
I'm in between the two, but we wouldn't know if because these homes usually are two speed
or two separate units. But the cost of ducts and equipment could be a waist being
oversized.

The heat loss asks for the 'grains of moisture to use for 50% RH. So, should I use 30% to
shoot in the middle of the two or go with the higher one all the time to cover myself? We
are on Lake Erie, so the climate is different east and west, is different as you go
towards Buffalo, but now I discover that there is a bigger difference between North and
South in just 14 miles. Its amazing how I am in both area's and never noticed much of a
difference in the summer, only in the winter, but the data doesn't lie.

Thanks

Rich
This is Turtle.

I error on the side of ME.
You should error on the side of YOU.
Customser, Weather, Acca thinking , What to do, respectiablity or not --
COVERTH THOU ASSTH.

TURTLE

Ask a Question