Letter Flap Supplier?

B

Brad

Hi

I need to replace my letter flap as the spring to keep it closed had broken
and it flaps in the wind.
My problem is that it appears to be an odd size, it is 295mm x 65mm.

Any suggestions on where I can get a replacement, preferably silve/chrome
would be appreciated.

Thanks

Brad

Ad

Advertisements

P

PoP

would be appreciated.
The DIY sheds sell letter box plates - have you checked in your local
stores?

PoP

Sending email to my published email address isn't
guaranteed to reach me.

L

Lobster

Brad said:
I need to replace my letter flap as the spring to keep it closed had broken
and it flaps in the wind.

would be appreciated.
How precise do you need? Mine's 280mm x 65mm and came from Focus I
think. Don't recall the brand.

David

Reaction score
Hi,

I know this thread is Donkey years old but I've just come across a similar problem and it only occurred to me today how to solve it.

My problem was that I had a 295mm x 65mm letterbox, like the original poster, but you can't buy them in any of the DIY stores or on Amazon - it's only through a mistake on my part that I was able to solve my problem.

I put in my letterbox dimensions into Google and it came up with some available at my local Homebase made by the Stormguard company. I went to Homebase and found they only had 295mm x 75mm (which is pretty common) but I bought it anyway thinking I could adapt the door in some way, although I wasn't looking forward to hacking my front door about all for the sake of a bloody letterbox.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I took my existing letterbox off and looking at the new one I thought the internal plastic sleeves looked similar, so I unpacked the new one and offered it up to the hole in the front door and, lo and behold, it fits!!

Doing up the fiddly screws is another matter - but I can say categorically that a 295mm x 75mm letterbox can be used to replace a 295mm x 65mm one. Indeed, I don't know this as a fact, but I'm willing to bet that the holes in front doors are a uniform size and that any letterbox around about the size of the one you're replacing will fit, you know if it's the same width but the height is within 20mm, say!

I hope this helps any other ignorant idiots like me - you're welcome!

Last edited:
Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having the same problem lol sorry for booting up a very old thread but wondering if anyone sorted theirs out.

My letterbox is 295mm by 65mm.
Did the 295mm by 75mm work mate? Any suggestions by anyone else?
You can only get 295mm by 75mm now

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question