Flush valve ID

Discussion in 'Home Repair' started by Bob S., Sep 25, 2005.

  1. Bob S.

    Bob S. Guest

    I have been asked to repair a 20-25 year old commercial flush valve in
    a church restroom. The only name on the valve is "Royal". Would any of
    you plumbers venture a guess as to whether this is a Sloan "Royal"
    valve, or was there at one time a company called Royal?
    Bob S.
    Bob S., Sep 25, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  2. Bob S.

    proplum Guest

    The "Royal" is a Sloan Royal to be sure. Royal is a brand of Sloan
    Valve, like Regal or Gem - also Sloan Brands. Sloan labeled it's valves
    with the single name "Royal" for many years. Sloan will turn 100 years
    old next year, so they've made a few of these puppy's and they last a
    long time - 25 years is pretty good life for a product. You can repair
    the inside parts with the product you buy over the counter at your
    local plumbing distributor. The new parts should fit the old valve -
    which makes your job easy. you may wish to change the valve out,
    they'll have sloan Royals on hand for that too.
    proplum, Sep 26, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  3. Bob S.

    Tim Fischer Guest

    "Royal" Flush -- I always chuckle when I see those in a restroom.

    Tim Fischer, Sep 26, 2005
  4. Bob S.

    z Guest

    Jeez, I finally just got that now.
    z, Sep 26, 2005
  5. Bob S.

    No Guest

    I don't get it
    No, Sep 26, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.