Fan thermostat works backwards

Reaction score
I have installed a new attic fan motor and thermostat successfully but the temperature indicator works backwards. In order to turn the temperature in the opposite direction I have turn the knob counter clock wise. Please look at the photo attached to see if I have wired it correctly.
Jim

Attachments

Reaction score
Impossible to tell, at least for me anyway. Please submit the manufacturer's name and the model number so that I can read the installation instructions and match them to the pictures.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have installed a new attic fan motor and thermostat successfully but the temperature indicator works backwards. In order to turn the temperature in the opposite direction I have turn the knob counter clock wise. Please look at the photo attached to see if I have wired it correctly.

Jim, any response to this? I have the same problem.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Check the back of the t-stat, that is, where the wires attach to the thermostat's chassis. You might see a C, NO, and an NC. If you do, move the wire from the NO to the NC, or visa-versa.

Ask a Question