Dayton fan motor


L

Lake Sahara

Hello, I've got a Dayton fan motor model 3M168B
and am having a "bad day" trying to find a replacement
locally. Have tried Grainger, Johnstone, Century, AZ,
and a local motor co. Anybody have any leads would
be really appreciated.

TIA,
Barrie
 
Ad

Advertisements

K

~KJPRO~

Lake Sahara said:
Hello, I've got a Dayton fan motor model 3M168B
and am having a "bad day" trying to find a replacement
locally. Have tried Grainger, Johnstone, Century, AZ,
and a local motor co. Anybody have any leads would
be really appreciated.

TIA,
Barrie
Are you a tech?

If not, please post at alt.home.repair

~kjpro~
 
B

B-Hate-Me

Lake Sahara said:
Hello, I've got a Dayton fan motor model 3M168B
and am having a "bad day" trying to find a replacement
locally. Have tried Grainger, Johnstone, Century, AZ,
and a local motor co. Anybody have any leads would
be really appreciated.
New furnace....Done.
 
N

Noon-Air

Lake Sahara said:
Hello, I've got a Dayton fan motor model 3M168B
and am having a "bad day" trying to find a replacement
locally. Have tried Grainger, Johnstone, Century, AZ,
and a local motor co. Anybody have any leads would
be really appreciated.

TIA,
Barrie
ROFLMAO....the supply houses aren't even open on Saturday!!
 
J

Jake

Uh,

My guess is a 42 frame 2 speed 1625 RPM 120 volt motor. I can get you one
for $550.00 (-;.

Jake
 
Ad

Advertisements

S

Stormin Mormon

Might want to check with a HVAC guy, tell him the make and model of the
furnace you're repairing. See if he can get you one from those numbers. He
might even come over and install it for you, for a small charge.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
www.mormons.com


Hello, I've got a Dayton fan motor model 3M168B
and am having a "bad day" trying to find a replacement
locally. Have tried Grainger, Johnstone, Century, AZ,
and a local motor co. Anybody have any leads would
be really appreciated.

TIA,
Barrie
 
Ad

Advertisements

N

Noon-Air

JB Books said:
Not everyone lives in rural bumfuck Mississippi.
We may not have any supply houses open on Saturday, but here in "rural
bumfuck Mississippi" we don't have to shovel snow either.
 
D

Dr. Hardcrab

Noon-Air said:
We may not have any supply houses open on Saturday, but here in "rural
bumfuck Mississippi" we don't have to shovel snow either.
(I mean this in the nicest way)

**** YOU!!!!!

;-]

(Been driving in it all day and just got home *supposedly to get some rest*
before I have to go back out in it again.)

Supposed to get down to 5 degrees tonight......
 
T

TURTLE

JB Books said:
Not everyone lives in rural bumfuck Mississippi.

JB Books
Books Mechanical
Gitmo
This is Turtle.

JB , you talking about a different part of the country that does not care about
service or having a warehouse open all the time. La. , Miss. , Alb. , and Fla.
just does not care about having warehouses open on week end or even after 4:30
P.M. in the evening. I can open a warehouse at anything I want but it cost
$50.00 to $75.00 to open it up. I give the customer the choice of adding this to
the bill and we will install anything piece of equipment he wants or wait till
tomorrow or monday and save the open warehouse money. They have a choice and
99.999% will just wait. Now commercally they will open a warehouse a pretty good
amount of the time.

People in Michigan and Mississippi totally think different about everything.

TURTLE
 
T

TURTLE

Dr. Hardcrab said:
Noon-Air said:
We may not have any supply houses open on Saturday, but here in "rural
bumfuck Mississippi" we don't have to shovel snow either.
(I mean this in the nicest way)

**** YOU!!!!!

;-]

(Been driving in it all day and just got home *supposedly to get some rest*
before I have to go back out in it again.)

Supposed to get down to 5 degrees tonight......
This is Turtle.

You mean to tell me you get enough snow to fill up a shove up there. I seen
about 15 years ago the snow stuff that I was able to fill up a shovel full but
did not have enough to build a snow man. I just can't remember what snow looks
like. Tell me about it.

TURTLE
 
D

Dr. Hardcrab

TURTLE said:
You mean to tell me you get enough snow to fill up a shove up there. I
seen about 15 years ago the snow stuff that I was able to fill up a shovel
full but did not have enough to build a snow man. I just can't remember
what snow looks like. Tell me about it.
Actually, we only got about 4 inches of snow. Could have been a lot more,
but after about 2 hours of snow, it started raing. How in the HELL can it be
raining when it's 23 degrees out??!!! (Yeah, yeah, I know. but it's just
weird to me). Tell me THAT sh*t hasn't been fun to drive through. I'm just
surprised the State/County hasn't done a better job clearing the roads. They
are still a mess and it stopped ALL precipitation 12 hours ago. Now we are
supposed to have 20-30 mph winds all day and never get above 20 (15 now). If
you have weatherbug, type in zip code 20619.

So I got 3 more hours of sleep and I just got a call. I told the dispatcher
I was going to have a couple cups of coffee, do the 3 S's and THEN I would
go. He told the customer it would be about an hour (good dispatcher!)....
 
Ad

Advertisements

J

JB Books

We may not have any supply houses open on Saturday, but here in "rural
bumfuck Mississippi" we don't have to shovel snow either.
That's exactly what I'm fixing to do to. Soon as I have some
breakfast I'm going to put on my bibs and a hoodie and go shovel the
walks off. It's currently -2 and less than a foot of snow so it's not
that bad.

JB Books
Books Mechanical
Gitmo
 
N

Noon-Air

9am and its 24 degrees outside...and still no snow :)

Dr. Hardcrab said:
Noon-Air said:
We may not have any supply houses open on Saturday, but here in "rural
bumfuck Mississippi" we don't have to shovel snow either.
(I mean this in the nicest way)

**** YOU!!!!!

;-]

(Been driving in it all day and just got home *supposedly to get some
rest* before I have to go back out in it again.)

Supposed to get down to 5 degrees tonight......
 
T

TURTLE

Dr. Hardcrab said:
Actually, we only got about 4 inches of snow. Could have been a lot more, but
after about 2 hours of snow, it started raing. How in the HELL can it be
raining when it's 23 degrees out??!!! (Yeah, yeah, I know. but it's just weird
to me). Tell me THAT sh*t hasn't been fun to drive through. I'm just surprised
the State/County hasn't done a better job clearing the roads. They are still a
mess and it stopped ALL precipitation 12 hours ago. Now we are supposed to
have 20-30 mph winds all day and never get above 20 (15 now). If you have
weatherbug, type in zip code 20619.

So I got 3 more hours of sleep and I just got a call. I told the dispatcher I
was going to have a couple cups of coffee, do the 3 S's and THEN I would go.
He told the customer it would be about an hour (good dispatcher!)....
This is Turtle.

Hey that under 30ºF is too cold for me.

I did not know California was on the east coast.

TURTLE
 
Ad

Advertisements

T

Tekkie

Lake Sahara posted for all of us....
Hello, I've got a Dayton fan motor model 3M168B
and am having a "bad day" trying to find a replacement
locally. Have tried Grainger, Johnstone, Century, AZ,
and a local motor co. Anybody have any leads would
be really appreciated.

TIA,
Barrie
You mean you can't get a Dayton motor off Grainger? HHHHHAAAAAAA

Open your eyes or you might trip over it in the "showroom"
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Similar Threads


Top