Clean your patio.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

A few years ago I bought a pressure washer to clean our patio and paths these made of 3' x 2' heavy flags; it took ages and I used to end up with an aching back.

I was amazed when my wife Bron started to use Morrison's very cheap "Savers vinegar" this only costs around 21p per bottle. Bron simply poured the full bottle onto the patio and spread it around with a cheap sweeping brush to scrub the vinegar in then she added a small amount of water and brushed this as a rinse; the picture below shows the result; very quick and very little effort. Bron enjoys looking after the patio now and gives it the vinegar treatment just for enjoyment to see the patio come up so clean. I pick up a bottle of vinegar whilst shopping.

I can't find this vinegar on Morrison's website but it's available in store.

Kind regards, Colin.

DSC00810.JPG

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Great tip!

We've got a very similar patio and started using "green away" type products from Amazon, as it would get very slippery with green algae after winter. I just dilute it, spray it on and leave it - after a week it looks much better, but the effect seems to continue for a month or two. However, it's about £8 a bottle - a lot more expensive than 21p, and not as tasty on chips!

Ask a Question