4" Angle grinder blades

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 4" angle grinder that I use for masonry and metal DIY jobs and I want to know if I can buy/use a similar size saw blade.

I am about to remove a few 7" Torus Skirts from my daughter's house and I would like to be able to saw the length at the middle .

They have been fitted years ago and big wooden plugs were used so they are in quite tight.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Here in North America, I have never seen a wood cutting (sawtooth) blade for a 4" grinder, nor would I encourage you to bootleg ("makeshift") some type of wood blade to fit an angle grinders arbor! An angle grinder can't be held and rested in position during cutting. If something like that were tried, upon contact the grinder would grab the wood and take off on you!!!! I would strongly suggest NOT to make up some compromise. Buy yourself a jig saw, or a small circular (Skil) saw.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As above - a saw blade in an angle grinder is an amputation or major artery severing waiting to happen.

Cant see how a jigsaw would work (sorry), but a small circular saw, or a tool like a Fein Multimaster/Bosch GOP would also work.

Or rip them off with a wrecking bar and make good the wall - sawing the boards in half isn't going to loosen the fixings anyway...

Ask a Question