Wood Burning Stove

Reaction score
Hi,

I've recently installed a wood burning stove in my kitchen but have been having problems with blowdowns and the Carbon Monoxide alarm was going off. This obviously set alarm bells ringing so we haven't used it since. Have got a few people in to look at it and they said a number of things could be at fault here.

We have used 2 x 45 degree bends to take the flue out the wall. There is also an extractor fan in the kitchen nearby and the exterior flue goes up the outside wall but there is a peak roof at front of house much higher. There is a mountain behind the house and I've been informed this can give a 'Valley' like effect which may be behind the blowdowns. Does anyone have any advice on what to do here as I don't want to rip the thing out.

Cheers.

Reaction score
In my opinion you have to call an expert to fix that issue because we cannot help you in this matter. An experienced person can give you a good advice.

Ask a Question