Wireless Thermostat / Timer (British Gas) problems

Reaction score
I've just spent a small fortune on a British Gas boiler (Potterton) and wireless thermostat / timer (RC Plus). The timer is playing funny games. The heating is set to come up on 0600 - 0730 and 1800 - 2245. Recently it's started turning the heating on at midnight and three o'clock in the morning. When I tried to over-ride it and turn it off, it comes on again.

Yesterday the heating was coming on and off at different times, which I thought was maybe because it had reached it top temp and was going through some sort of cycle. But no, because it then turned itself on at midnight.

Tonight it turned on OK, but it was still on 2300, when it shoudl have turned off at 2245.

Has anyone else these issues with the RC Plus wireless timer / thermostat provided byBritish Gas? Thanks.

Reaction score
Read the instructions fully and if you are sure you are using the RC+ correctly and it is set up correctly contact BG to come and check it. This is what you pay a premium for and they are very good with call -backs and will come back promptly (not like a lot of white van men)
it may just be a faulty unit.

Reaction score
I have the exact same problem!! British Gas has been twice, it's not the valve and they have changed both the wall unit as well as the thermostat/ Timer, it's still doing the same.. really stuck on this one, anyone can help?

ScaryMary2008, have you got yours sorted?

Ask a Question