Vintage Dunlap 6600 Table Grinder Rebuild

Reaction score
Hello!

I found this awesome Dunlap 6600 Table Grinder that is probably from the 1960's rusting in my garage after moving in last year and have been dying to restore it. The exterior is rusted but when I spin the wheels, miraculously it still spins fairly smoothly. One thing it is missing though is the motor.

My goal is to restore this grinder so I can use it for my other projects I have lined up. Any information that anyone can give me such as how to properly clean and grease the shaft, clean exterior rust and find a suitable replacement motor.

Thanks in advance to everyone and I will be posting more and better pictures soon.

Attachments

Reaction score
Hello!

I found this awesome Dunlap 6600 Table Grinder that is probably from the 1960's rusting in my garage after moving in last year and have been dying to restore it. The exterior is rusted but when I spin the wheels, miraculously it still spins fairly smoothly. One thing it is missing though is the motor.

My goal is to restore this grinder so I can use it for my other projects I have lined up. Any information that anyone can give me such as how to properly clean and grease the shaft, clean exterior rust and find a suitable replacement motor.

Thanks in advance to everyone and I will be posting more and better pictures soon.
Aside from elbow grease, you can try soaking the parts in citric acid - do not soak the pillow blocks (what the shaft goes through) nor the shaft as they will be ruined. And angle grinder with a wire wheel can help too. Wear protection.

Ask a Question