Unwanted heat from Glow-worm pilot light

A

Anon_4371

Hi,
I have a Glow-worm Fuelsaver 25-30 central heating unit. I know nothing about heating and plumbing.

Does anyone know if it's possible to turn the pilot light completely off, and if so how? The central heating is completely turned off i.e. the electrics which supply it. The dial at the front of the unit is set to 'Off'. Yet the pipes from the unit lead upstairs to a red pump and the pilot light seems to be heating up water in the unit which travels upstairs to the pump and making the upstairs landing too hot in summer, like now! The pilot light seems to be a sealed unit, so I can't see how to turn it off. Would really appreciate any help.

Reaction score
Hi
Yes it is possible to turn it off, and this should be detailed in the user's manual. But, I'm a little concerned, as the pilot should not be creating that much heat.

I really think it would be wise to get the boiler checked out by a registered Gas Safe engineer,
things could well be out of adjustment, and it would be very wrong of me to advise any DIY work on a gas appliance.

Ask a Question