Types of plasterboard

Reaction score
Would it be worth putting foil back or moisture resistant PB in a 8ftx10ft living room ext. I have had the flat roof redone after it was leaking and now need to get the ceiling done. There is virtually no air gap over the insulation and under the decking.
It has been suggested that I should cut down the moisture migrating through the ceiling to stop condensation in the roof space.

Reaction score
Hi Kevin,
If the roof has been correctly constructed, there should be no condensation. Is there any indication of condensation ? Having said that, it can't do any harm using foil backed, such as Gyproc Wallboard Duplex.

Reaction score
I was told that moisture can migrate from the living room through the ceiling. There is very little gap between the insulation and the decking to allow an air flow.

Reaction score
You're right, it can - go for it, It's only 3 sheets. there'll be very little extra cost in the completed job.
Hope all goes well.

Ask a Question