Spring and summer on the way - what is on your DIY agenda?

Reaction score
After two years of building expansions to a cabin and rebuilding the deck, this year will be a bit slower. Still I plan on replacing the old wood stove and upgrading our electrical system which runs off solar panels. Tidying up the rock pile that passes for a yard and turning it into a lawn will be the other project.

What will you be getting up to this summer in the DIY world?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like fun :D. What sort of solar setup have you got? it's something I'd love to use but our house just isn't in the right position for it.

This warmer weather (at least in the UK) seems to have spurred everyone on to do DIY and gardening - I spent Easter weekend laying some weed membrane and hauling 2 tons of slate, with the aim of keeping some pesky weeds under control!

Next on the list is getting an arbour constructed for the back garden and then working on re-decorating a bathroom and quieting a water pump we have in our garage. That should keep me going for the next week or two!

Reaction score
The solar setup is small - currently a 50W panel and a car battery and a small charge controller. We have no electricity otherwise so it allows up a few lights in the evening and more importantly lets one turn on lights to go to the bathroom at night. I am looking to add another 100W (approximately) panel and to double our storage capacity. The larger inverters can use too much power for a 50W solar panel to keep up with and I am hoping that more incoming energy will allow us to run more lights at the same time.

Reactions: Ian
Reaction score
I definitely need to tidy the garden and fix the decking. It's high up on my other half's list of things I need to do anyway... ;)

Ask a Question