Radon Mitigation Condensation

Reaction score
I have an existing radon mitigation system that was professionally installed and tested. It is working fine with the exception that during colder months condensation was forming inside the horizontal pvc pipe in the attic (it should be sloped but due to several factors it cannot - see pictures). I insulated the pipe and that has helped tremendously; however, on occasion I can still hear some water buzzing around for a minute or two then it goes away for an hour or so until it builds up again. I recently replaced the radon fan with the same make and model fan after 8 years and would like some input from someone who has radon mitigation experience.

My question is how can I drain the condensation that builds up? I have made a change (see pics) and plan on installing a brass fitting and drain hose on the pipe below the radon fan. I suppose the correct method would be to run the hose to the vertical pipe leading to the basement; however I may not be able to slope the drain hose due to the same factors that are preventing the pvc pipe from being properly sloped. How can this be best resolved?

p.s. While I appreciate all opinions, please refrain from ones that are not helpful such as "consult a professional..." After all it was a "professional" that installed the system which has a problem that I would now like to resolve. Worst case I could just leave it alone but that's not how I'm wired :)

Attachments

Ask a Question