No power to bottom plug

Reaction score
I had an electrician install a new panel with entirely separate electrical line from my main panel for some new outlets. I am only getting power to the top plug on the two counter top outlets and no power at all for a floor outlet where I plan to install a mini fridge. I've confirm all breakers are on and even switched the breakers off and turned back on but no change.
I don't think the outlets are bad since they are brand new but I notice he did break the tabs on both counter top outlets on both sides (half hot?). These plugs are not tied to any switch at all. Is there a reason why he would break the tabs if he is chaining the outlets? I've attached pictures of one top outlet and the bottom outlet to show what I see. The first two are the right and left side of one counter top outlet and the third is the bottom outlet that has no power at all.
I'd call my electrician but it's the start of Labor Day weekend and I won't get him until Tuesday.

Attachments

Reaction score
Did you get this resolved?

Breaking the tabs is done to create half hot receptacles. If you notice the red wire, this is typically used as a traveler for three way switches or in wire bundles like romex to distinguish between L1 and L2 (different sides of the split phase service). The reason he broke the tab was to keep the lines separate. Question is did he not terminate the red wire at the panel?? Or is it switched?

Reaction score
I did get this solved. It was totally a mistake by the electrician's helper. He broke the tabs on both sides of the outlet resulting in no power to the bottom. I replaced with like outlets and only broke the tab on the hot side.

Ask a Question