Mitsubishi 4 zone mini split charging

Reaction score
I recently installed a new Mitsubishi 4-zone mini split heat pump with two inside air handlers and encountered what I think may be a problem with either the factory charge amount or a potential blockage in one of the unit's lineset.

My question is has anyone recovered all the r410a from a unit like this when troubleshooting and if so what did you find was the proper method for connecting the machine etc. in the process.

My unit has three service access points - one is the main service port for connecting a manifold line the other is marked with a tage that says low pressure charging port and the third is unmarked but near the compressor and the 2nd port.

I'm not sure if I should just be using the main service port to connect the recovery machine to or some other combination of ports to avoid damage and/or to ensure I can remove all the r410a from the system.

Thanks.

Reaction score
I have only worked with single zone MS's . But , I would start out with the main service port to hook the manifold / hoses up to . And see what the pressures look like .

If needed , I would then connect the recovery machine .

God bless
Wyr

Ask a Question