JC 12v 20w halogen bulbs

Discussion in 'UK DIY' started by fred, Mar 3, 2012.

  1. fred

    fred Guest

    Swmbo had fancy underlighters fitted to her new kitchen These are
    flush fitting and the original pain in the bollix to get the covers
    off. I bought 10 of the above bulbs off eBay from china and they
    didn't last pissing time. They may have been cheap but were definitely
    not worth the grief of the struggle involved in changing them

    Can anyone recommend pukka long life ones. I see 'long'Life' ones for
    sale on flea bay but am wary of such claims. Should I be ?

    Paul Mc Cann
     
    fred, Mar 3, 2012
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Buy them from somewhere like TLC. I have a couple of B&Q fittings where
    the original bulbs soon blew. The replacements from TLC are fine.

    --
    *Would a fly without wings be called a walk?

    Dave Plowman London SW
    To e-mail, change noise into sound.
     
    Dave Plowman (News), Mar 3, 2012
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. fred

    harry Guest

    On Mar 3, 2:42 pm, fred <> wrote:
    > Swmbo had fancy underlighters fitted to her new kitchen These are
    > flush fitting and the original pain in the bollix to get the covers
    > off. I bought 10 of the above  bulbs off eBay from china and they
    > didn't last pissing time. They may have been cheap but were definitely
    > not worth the grief of the struggle involved in changing them
    >
    > Can anyone recommend pukka long life ones. I see 'long'Life' ones for
    > sale on flea bay but am wary of such claims. Should I be ?
    >
    > Paul Mc Cann


    Some bulbs are orientation senstive? (ie they don't like being certain
    ways up. overheat)
     
    harry, Mar 3, 2012
    #3
  4. In article
    <>,
    harry <> wrote:
    > On Mar 3, 2:42 pm, fred <> wrote:
    > > Swmbo had fancy underlighters fitted to her new kitchen These are
    > > flush fitting and the original pain in the bollix to get the covers
    > > off. I bought 10 of the above bulbs off eBay from china and they
    > > didn't last pissing time. They may have been cheap but were definitely
    > > not worth the grief of the struggle involved in changing them
    > >
    > > Can anyone recommend pukka long life ones. I see 'long'Life' ones for
    > > sale on flea bay but am wary of such claims. Should I be ?
    > >
    > > Paul Mc Cann


    > Some bulbs are orientation senstive? (ie they don't like being certain
    > ways up. overheat)


    That's the answer, then. Turn the kitchen on its side.

    --
    *When cheese gets its picture taken, what does it say? *

    Dave Plowman London SW
    To e-mail, change noise into sound.
     
    Dave Plowman (News), Mar 3, 2012
    #4
  5. fred

    fred Guest

    On Mar 3, 4:52 pm, "Dave Plowman (News)" <> wrote:
    > In article
    > <>,
    >    harry <> wrote:
    >
    > > On Mar 3, 2:42 pm, fred <> wrote:
    > > > Swmbo had fancy underlighters fitted to her new kitchen These are
    > > > flush fitting and the original pain in the bollix to get the covers
    > > > off. I bought 10 of the above  bulbs off eBay from china and they
    > > > didn't last pissing time. They may have been cheap but were definitely
    > > > not worth the grief of the struggle involved in changing them

    >
    > > > Can anyone recommend pukka long life ones. I see 'long'Life' ones for
    > > > sale on flea bay but am wary of such claims. Should I be ?

    >
    > > > Paul Mc Cann

    > > Some bulbs are orientation senstive? (ie they don't like being certain
    > > ways up. overheat)

    >
    > That's the answer, then. Turn the kitchen on its side.
    >
    > --
    > *When cheese gets its picture taken, what does it say? *
    >
    >     Dave Plowman                   London SW
    >                   To e-mail, change noise into sound.


    Thanks for the suggestions. Fancy the Tesco ones as swmbo will be
    buying them herself !

    Paul Mc Cann
     
    fred, Mar 3, 2012
    #5
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. JB

    12V PIR to switch 12V lights

    JB, Jul 7, 2005, in forum: Misc DIY
    Replies:
    15
    Views:
    791
  2. cmply
    Replies:
    13
    Views:
    357
  3. D.M. Procida

    Super-cheap 12V halogen bulbs in IKEA

    D.M. Procida, Mar 26, 2009, in forum: UK DIY
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    138
    D.M. Procida
    Mar 26, 2009
  4. MiamiCuse
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    672
  5. David Robinson

    What cable for DC 12V 20W kitchen lights?

    David Robinson, Jun 23, 2010, in forum: UK DIY
    Replies:
    19
    Views:
    413
    Adam Aglionby
    Jun 26, 2010
Loading...

Share This Page