How do I make a burglar alarm ring on another alarm panel on site?

Reaction score
have an Ademco Vista 20SE alarm panel in my home and a similar panel in the barn. I ran 18/4 sprinkler wire between the 2 panels which are about 200 feet apart. Do I connect a wire to Terminal 3 (alarm output +) to Terminal 3 of the second panel and connect a ground wire to Terminal 4 (alarm output -) of both panels to make the second panel sound an audible alarm if the other panel has an alarm output?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Perhaps either one would energize the other alarm output. I can't put a loud audible in the barn as the horses would freak out during an alarm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Since I received NO RESPONSE from the forum I tried what I thought would work. It worked as planned.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry that you didn't get a response here Oakspi - I guess no-one here knew the answer, but I'm glad you've posted what worked in the end. Thanks for letting us know.

Ask a Question