Geofix All Weather any good?

Reaction score
I am re-doing my paving jointing over the summer and have been recommended trying Geo-Fix All Weather. I did some googling and it looks like Geo-Fix has a bad reputation for the non "all-weather" product. Is this newer one any better? It appears to be different in that it can go down during rain, and indeed the patio needs to be wet before laying.

Any thoughts on this before I give up and go back to good old mortar?

Reaction score
Hi spork

I'm old fashioned, so sand and cement for me. Having said that, it comes from a well respected manufacturer, and should do a good job. I do like the choice of colours, So - suggestion - you be the guinea pig, and let us know how you get on.

Reaction score
Well, its all down and seemed pretty easy to do. I'm a little concerned about how durable this is going to be, as it looks like it will scrape out much easier than mortar. Compressing it right in to the joints seems to be quite critical, as does getting some depth. Time will tell, so if I remember I'll post back after winter.

Reaction score
As promised, I'm back after winter with the results.....

I wouldn't recommend this product: it stains really easily and is very black in places, ants love the soft porous sandy texture, it crumbles with the slightest movement.

Mortar all the way next time, I really regret using this and couldn't possibly recommend it. Be warned!

Ask a Question