Geberit Concealed Cistern Leaking into Pan

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've got concealed toilets plumbed in to our bathrooms - and although I can understand that it improves the look, it's much harder to fix problems (as invariably there is inadequate access!).

I noticed that we've started to get a dribble of water into the pan, which causes the fill valve to constantly try and keep the water topped up. I did a google, expecting to replace the full flush valve component - but I thought I'd pull it out first and have a look:

DSC_0323.JPG

It turns out that the seal/washer between the flush valve and cistern base has blistered. I took a photo so that you can see the little bubbles. These were only visible on the underside of the washer, so it may not be apparent unless you take it off the valve completely:

DSC_0322.JPG

Anyway, if you have a concealed Geberit cistern and have a slow leak into the pan, try checking this seal for blisters and then buy a replacement for a couple of quid - it's much cheaper than replacing the whole flush valve! I bought one from Amazon and it was a genuine Geberit part, but this time made of a transparent silicone, which I hope it more resilient.

Reaction score
Hi Ian & all - this is perfect. I have exactly the same problem and exactly the same cistern.

As a noob is there any advice you can give on how to pull the valve out to get to the seal ? Really nervous about water spraying everywhere and not being able to stop it, so do I need to empty the cistern first, turn off the water etc ?

Sorry for the basic questions - any help appreciated.
Chris

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Chris,

From what I remember, it went like this:
  • Turn off water mains (or isolate water at cistern if you can)
  • Flush toilet to get rid of any water in there
  • There were two blue prongs either side of the flush mechanism - squeeze those and lift it out.
  • You'll see where the washer sits at the very bottom and it's straight forward to replace.
Honestly, it's really simple to do and will only take a few mins - it just looks more complex than it is! :)

Let me know if you need any more help and I'll do my best!

Ask a Question