Favorite power drill brand

Reaction score
I've been a long time Dewalt power tools fan. I tried other power drills and they have all died on me. So far my Dewalt power drill has not failed me.

What your favorite brand and why?

Reaction score
Hi joshPosh
I've found that some manufacturers are better at some types of tools than others. As you only mention drills, I have to ask what are you comparing your drill to, what has died on you ?
DeWalt and other manufacturers produce high quality tools for trade and industrial use, please don't compare to those produced for the DIY market.

Reaction score
I like Ryobi plus system. You buy a few batteries and they all use the same battery. Drill, saws, grinders, torches blah blah. Use mine all the time.
Adam

Reaction score
My favorite is definitely Makita. Why? Well, simply for two reasons. First, I love power tools with brushless motors, and you couldn't find a better manufacturer than Makita. Second, I have used their tools for years, and they have never let me down. The last drill kit I bought is great, five years and not a scratch on it (the battery is also great). It wasn't cheap, but it was a great investment and I couldn't recommend it enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
For battery drills and drivers Makita because they have good power, 20-30 minute charge times (time depends on amp hours but regardless they have the best batteries on the market right now in my opinion), and they last in a professional setting. For mixing drills Rigid, great performance and power. Mine is about 14 years old and has mixed enough thinset to install square miles of tile as well as quite a bit of joint compound. Disclaimer on the Rigid; mine is older and USA made, I have been told the China made models carried now in the box stores do not hold up as well. Hammer drills I prefer Dewalt for light duty (up to 1 inch holes) and Hilti for heavy duty demolition, coring (through concrete from 6 inches up to about 24-30 inches note that this is not done in hammer mode), holes over 1 inch. Standard plug in 3/8 and 1/2 chuck I use Dewalt due to their reliability and power. They also work well for coring concrete up to about 6 inches and tile up to about 4 inches (Honestly I'm more likely to use my Makita's for tile or holes under 3 inches in concrete, brick, or block. As far as right angle drills I use Milwaukee exclusively, can't beat them on power and reliability. For bench top drill press I use a belt driven Hitachi, it performs most of my shop needs adequately and doesn't take up a lot of space. When I need more stroke or power I use a friends industrial grade floor mounted delta.

Reaction score
My favorite is Makita. It can be used by diyers and professionals. The build quality is top notch and the batteries last longer than most other brands. Makita cordless drills received very good consumer reviews in 2015.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I personally like the makita, as a novice diy(er) i find it easyier to use when im making a small project.

Reaction score
I've never had any problems with my makita drill. They're a great brand. Very reliable and get the job done.
upload_2016-11-28_20-30-43.png

Ask a Question